New Brainzooming Articles at Brainzooming.com

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Let Other People Talk Week - A Creativity Prayer

Today is Ash Wednesday; this marks the beginning of Lent, a time for, among other things, more intense prayer and listening. In light of that, here's a creativity prayer I wrote last year for our Creative Instigation presentation. Invest a few moments today to ask for a potentially new source of help for your creativity to enliven and inspire others.

Lord,

Thank you for creation itself and the incredible gifts and talents you so generously entrust to me. May I appreciate and develop these talents, always recognizing that they come from you and remain yours.

Guide me in using them for the benefit of everyone that I touch, so that they may be more aware of your creative presence and develop the creativity entrusted to them for the good of others.

Help me also to use your talents to bring a creative spark and new possibilities to your world, living out my call to be an integral part of your creative force. Amen.


Copyright 2008, Mike Brown

6 comments:

krissy knox said...

Love this prayer. Love your blog. So much so that I just subscribed to your RSS feed, first time here! I love your spirituality, and I love your creativity. Will be back!

krissy knox :)
my main blog: Sometimes I Think
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/iamkrissy

krissy knox said...

One more thing I forgot to mention. I'm following you on Twitter, b/c you are so positive!

krissy knox :)
my main blog: Sometimes I Think
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/iamkrissy

Mike Brown said...

Krissy - so glad you enjoyed the prayer and have signed up on RSS. Please visit and offer comments as you have them!

Mike

Mike Brown said...

BTW - One reader called today to ask what I was giving up for Lent. One of the main things is going online before 6:30 a.m. mass in the morning. It's intended to help me focus more on mass than thinking about work, and to get to mass earlier to spend some time in prayer.

Mike

Anonymous said...

This is great! Thanks for sharing this prayer and encouraging a healthy integration of faith and work. Too often we separte the two, and its refreshing to see this come back into business.

Great stuff!

Kass said...

A great prayer. Thanks for Tweeting this to me, Mike.