Most of the US has been pounded with cold and snow the past few weeks. Don’t know about you, but it makes me feel my creative spirit is at a dead end when things outside are cold, bleak, and dark.
So what to do to turn a creative “dead end” into a “live start”?
Here are the ideas I wrote down for myself the other day to break out of my creative doldrums:
- Be around fun people
- Spend some fun time with my wife
- Nap without worrying about losing valuable time
- Go someplace bright and warm
- Go someplace dark and warm
- Finish something (realizing that, unfortunately, blogs aren’t ever done unless you quit them)
- Find someone who loves something I created
- Seek out people who have good news to share
- Appreciate what I have
- Get worn out from working out and quit eating holiday treats
- Make a cool handwritten font