Note – for the previous post on how to use the Change Your Character technique, click here.
Two celebrities have become well-known for being able to reinvent themselves when they hit a financial or creative dead end –Donald Trump and Madonna. You can go to school on their rebranding techniques and apply them in business when you have a brand that needs to be refreshed. Here are approaches they’ve used successfully that you can apply in the Change Your Character exercise.
- Host a TV show
- Fix your financial situation
- Put your name on something new
- Do a BIG deal
- Fire somebody
- Start a new TV season
- Pick a verbal fight with another celebrity to generate attention
- Change out the important people in your life
- Redevelop a prominent property
- Change your look
- Change your wardrobe
- Do something controversial
- Explore a new style of work / expression
- Create news through your unusual lifestyle
- Use multiple media to get your message across
- Write a book
- Incorporating new cultures or points of view
- Adopt a child
So try these approaches as you brainstorm how to get your brand back in the news and to the top of the charts in customers’ eyes.