It's Super Bowl Monday. Despite minimal interest in the game, I watched much of it, primarily to see the commercials and Bruce Springsteen.
Since the commercials will be a hot topic of conversation at work today (although probably not as hot as the game), let me point you toward two experts (Steve Yastrow and good friend Sally Hogshead) who Tweeted about the ads live during the game last night. Their conversation is online at Tom Peters' website, so be sure to check it out.
While you're at it, check out Sally on the Sunday morning Today Show talking about the best Super Bowl ads of all time.
As for me, my favorites were:
- Bridgestone - "Taters" (Think I know Mrs. Potato Head.)
- Careerbuilder - "Tips" (Seemed to have more emotional connection than Monster.com)
- Doritos - "Crystal Ball" (Who doesn't love a Magic 8 Ball bit?)
- ETrade - "Baby Golfer" ("Shankapotamus" alone put it on my list.)
- Pepsi - "Refresh" (Great Dylan song gets refreshed, but I'll still drink Diet Dr. Pepper.)
- Pixar - "Up" (Not sure it's a great commercial, but the movie looks fun!)
Not a great year for commercials, but the football game (and Bruce telling us to get away from the guacamole dip & chicken fingers) more than made up for it!